ss_blog_claim=578064a0c93c4f2fa7b88b7253484b7e ss_blog_claim=578064a0c93c4f2fa7b88b7253484b7e

Receive the Latest Post Through Your E-mail

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Followers

Leave a Trace

BlogCatalog

12/15/2008

Lose Weight By Eating Rice

Back when my husband and I still lived in his parents' house, one of his sisters asked me "How come you don't get fat? you eat a lot of rice." She already had the answer: I eat rice.

I've been here in the US for almost 2 years now and I still don't understand the American meal routine. They don't eat anything for breakfast or if they do, only a small bowl of cereal. They grab sandwich or crackers for lunch, then eat full meal at night. They go to a Chinese restaurant, McDonald's, KFC, or make barbecue and hotdogs at home. Then they complain about gaining weight so fast. How can they not gain weight? They eat a lot at the time of the day when their body is least active.

Back to my answer to my sister-in-law's question. I eat rice and I eat breakfast...everyday. I eat rice with eggs (whether scrambled, sunny-side-up, or hard-boiled) and a couple more other food like fried fish and an apple. Milk is always part of my breakfast. I eat as much as I want in the morning, and it fills me up for the rest of the day. Lunchtime comes and I still feel full so I don't crave for anything. About an hour or 2 before dinner, I munch something sweet like candy or a bar of chocolate so when it's dinner time, I'm less likely gonna eat a lot. And you don't have to eat much at dinner because digestion is slowest when you sleep, of course because your body is not active at all.

Skipping breakfast is unhealthy because the body doesn't have as much energy as it needs to start the day. That's why it's called breakfast (break the fast) because you haven't eaten anything for several hours since the time you went to bed. Aside from being unhealthy, if you don't eat breakfast or don't eat enough to fill you up, you're more likely going to starve by lunch or dinner time which will only make you eat twice more. That's why a lot of people, when they get home from work, say "Oh, I'm starving!" and don't care anymore what to eat, whether it's a double quarterpounder cheeseburger or buffalo wings. The hunger ruined the diet! Rice is a filling meal. There's a difference if I eat rice in the morning and if I don't. No matter how much I ate at breakfast, if it didn't have rice in it, I don't feel very full that I'm still going to eat a full meal either at lunch or at dinner. 

So, stop skipping breakfast and eat a heavy one instead...with rice. And remember to eat very less at night. Skip dinner if you're not hungry at all.

3 comments:

Ken said...

Rice is a good way to stay full. Remember that brown rice has more fiber than white rice and will keep you full for a longer period of time. Fiber has a lot of health benefits aside from helping with weight loss. It can reduce your risk of some cancers and help lower your cholesterol levels.

Anonymous said...

beauty :) he...he...

Your Home Buddy said...

Thank you tukyman. Ken, that is so true.

 

Pink Girlz Blogger Template | Blogger Clicks Design